The next Big Sur Foragers Festival will take place on
January 13 – 15, 2017
Festival Announces Partners and Details
This year’s partners include Carmel Valley Ranch, the sister property of longtime host Ventana Big Sur. Due to renovations at Ventana Big Sur, the Fungus Face-Off and the Grand Chef dinner will take place at Carmel Valley Ranch this year.
New events for 2017 include
- A new Friday night winemaker dinner series held at select restaurants throughout Monterey County. Some partners include La Balena, Alvardo Street Brewery and more! Details to come.
- Post Ranch Inn will host a Friday night fundraiser for the second year! Details to come.
- Join us for a special evening in the legendary wine room at Hyatt Carmel Highlands. Chef Chad Minton and the culinary team will create a three course meal paired with wines from Bonny Doon Vineyard. The evening will begin with a reception of passed appetizers, wines from Bonny Doon and live music from Dino Vera from 6:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. At 7:00 p.m. enjoy a three course dinner in the legendary wine room. Meet the culinary team and Bonny Doon Vineyard! There are only 24 seats available. Tickets are $175 per person
Back by Popular Demand
- This year’s partners include Carmel Valley Ranch, the summer-camp-inspired sister resort of longtime host Ventana Big Sur that sprawls across 500 acres in the nearby Carmel Valley. With several resort enhancement projects underway at Ventana Big Sur, this year’s Fungus Face-Off and the Grand Chef dinner will take place at this playful destination resort that celebrates a deep connection to the land with passionate culinary, wine and farming artisans, and guest learning experiences ranging from organic gardening and foraging to wine making and lavender and beekeeping workshops. The “Fungus Face-Off” will take place in a beautiful tented setting on the Pete Dye-designed golf course at Carmel Valley Ranch. This popular event sells out early. There are 250 tickets available. Tickets are $65 per person.
- Grand Chef Dinner at Carmel Valley Ranch – details to be announced soon.
- Foraging walk led by local experts at Ventana Big Sur. “Wild Mushroom Walks and Talk” at Pfeiffer State Park led by expert mushroom foragers. This year hikes will be held on Sunday. There are 30 spaces available per walk. Tickets are $60 per person.
TICKETS WITH SOME ERALY BIRD SPECIALS ARE AVAILABLE ON EVENTBRITE NOW! CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO!
To see what happened at the 2016 event
Click here for the Roundup…